Wednesday, September 17, 2008

October Inspiration

As the weather starts to cool down in New York and the moon is appearing earlier every week, I cannot help but get excited for my favorite season! Thick wrap sweaters, rich autumn colors, outdoor flea markets and fresh organic produce are enough to make a girl giddy, but this fall I'm adding a few more things to my list!


1. The highly anticipated domino The Book of Decorating hits bookstores this October and I literally don't think I've ever been more excited for any book release in my entire life! domino Editor in Chief Deborah Needleman commented, “We’re creating The Domino Book of Decorating for a new generation of homeowners and renters, and hope to make it the new décor bible--a source of guidance, inspiration, and excitement.” A source of obsession is more like it ;)


2. On October 10th the New Museum will open its doors to the "Live Forever: Elizabeth Peyton" exhibit, displaying more than 100 works made over the past fifteen years! Peyton is one of my absolute favorite artists, so I'm basically counting down the days on a paper chain in anticipation...


3. Also occurring on October 10th is the grand opening of New York's first Williams Sonoma Home store at the Shops at Columbus Circle! You may wonder why I find this exciting, but trust me, the minute you see one of these stores in person you will understand. I visited the Palo Alto location last year and was so wowed that I found myself whispering instead of speaking at a normal volume! It looked very similar to the stunning JK Capri with seagrass wallpaper, layers of framed photography, potted orchids, and chic white furniture.


4. Last but not least, I'm totally pumped for the release of Influence, Mary-Kate and Ashley's newest book! Ashley says the book will feature “the most interesting, challenging, creative people we know — the ones who helped pave the way for us and our generation.” For those of you who are brave enough to handle swarms of crazy teens and long lines, the Olsen's will be signing books at Barnes and Noble in Union Square on October 28th at 12:30pm! Pretty cool if you ask me ;)

18 comments:

Lauren said...

Glad you're back with a fantastic blog post!

Visual Vamp said...

Your blog is beautiful! I added you to my roll today.

briglioa21 said...

love the first photo--is that a rubie green headband i spy? :)

also. i really hope you'll be braving the tweens to score an autographed copy of MK & A's book. I would kill for that chance, haha...

also, any chance you'll be back in MI this fall? carol wants you to come speak at a SADA meeting :)

<3

SimplyGrove said...

Those are all great things to look forward to for October!!!!

Paul Pincus said...

great patrick cline shot!

can't wait for the peyton exhibit.

i'm really loving williams-sanoma home.

i'm now off to pre-order my copy of domino the book of decorating : )

MABELLE said...

Haha thanks Paul! And just FYI, if you order via Barnes & Noble you can get 35% off! Go to bn.com/domino to get the discount ;)

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Love your blog...! I cant wait for the Domino book!

Jen Ramos
'100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards & More'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Brilliant Asylum said...

I am so excited about the new Domino book. Your Ruby Green photo is fantastic!

Brown Button Trading said...

What a fabulous October! Enjoy and I look forward to reading about it more here.

Amanda at Oliveaux sent me my rubie green cushions last week and they are very much at home in my lounge room - thank you for such a beautiful product!
(I've posted some photos of them at Brown Button)
xx

la la Lovely said...

I am so excited about the Domino book.. I didn't know about the Olsen's book, interesting! Great post!

Danielle said...

Can't wait for the domino book! I made a TON of photocopies for it when I was an intern at domino :)! Can't wait for the final result.

hello gorgeous said...

I added you, too. Loved it!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love that colorful photo. Gotta love that bright October produce!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

I ADORE W-S home!! When I was in Portland last year I visited everyday, like it was Mecca, and also spoke in hushed tones. When I get their catalog every few weeks I always turn through it as eagerly as if it were domino!!

Michele said...

Gorgeous Blog! I just stumbled upon your blog, and am looking forward to what's to come!

AshleyL. said...

oh! i am so excited for the olsen book! i'm not one to get caught up in celebrity gossip and drama but there is something very appealing about those two :)

annechovie said...

Thanks for the heads-up on the Peyton exhibit, Michelle!

cassandra said...

i have no idea if i should be embarassed to admit it, but i cannot wait to see what's inside the olsen twins book! thanks for the tip! (ps - i'm DYING for the domino book as well. yippeee!)